50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology: Shattering Widespread Misconceptions about Human Behavior
By Scott O. Lilienfeld, Steven Jay Lynn, John Ruscio, Barry L. Beyerstein
Wiley-Blackwell | 2009 | ISBN: 1405131128, 140513111X | English | 352 pages | EPUB + MOBI | 1 MB + 1.45 MB
50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology uses popular myths as a vehicle for helping students and laypersons to distinguish science from pseudoscience.
* Uses common myths as a vehicle for exploring how to distinguish factual from fictional claims in popular psychology
* Explores topics that readers will relate to, but often misunderstand, such as 'opposites attract', 'people use only 10% of their brains', and 'handwriting reveals your personality'
* Provides a 'mythbusting kit' for evaluating folk psychology claims in everyday life
* Teaches essential critical thinking skills through detailed discussions of each myth
* Includes over 200 additional psychological myths for readers to explore
* Contains an Appendix of useful Web Sites for examining psychological myths
* Features a postscript of remarkable psychological findings that sound like myths but that are true
* Engaging and accessible writing style that appeals to students and lay readers alike
JDOWNLOADER USAGE GUIDE
How to download files using direct links easily
What is JDownloader